The Association of Caribbean Higher Education Administrators (ACHEA) is an independent organization devoted to the promotion of professional and ethical standards for higher education administrators in the Caribbean region. ACHEA, seeks to derive practical solutions to common concerns, issues and challenges faced by our education sectors.
This conference aims to promote networking opportunities and mentoring support for administrators, researchers, and educators in the field of higher education by fostering links and exchanges with similar local, regional and international organizations. These fora highlight the need for an efficient educational environment supported by organizational structures, administrative policies and systems, by establishing and maintaining a code of conduct for its members regarding professional and development work.
ACHEA will be hosting its - 17th Annual Conference, themed - “Embracing the Future: Creative Approaches to Higher Education,” from July 12-14, 2018, at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago. The Feature Speaker is Dr. Hayden Noel. Dr. Noel is a Trinidad and Tobago national, whose global perspectives and experience can positively impact our engagement, within our context as Higher Education Administrators. Hayden Noel is a Clinical Assistant Professor, who teaches Marketing Management in the Master of Business Administration (MBA) program at the University of Illinois and also functions as the Academic Director for that program. He earned his Ph.D. in Marketing with a concentration in Consumer Behaviour from the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida in 2002.
Dr. Noel’s primary research interests includes: consumer information processing, consumer memory, and the impact of culture on consumer behaviour. He has published several articles in these areas, and related topics in academic journals such as the Journal of Consumer Research, the Journal of Consumer Psychology, and Psychology and Marketing. In addition, his research has been required reading in doctoral seminars on consumer behaviour, at several doctoral granting institutions including; Columbia University in New York City. He has also taught in Executive MBA programs in Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan.
In light of today’s globalized tertiary education environment, punctuated by technological and social changes, dwindling economic resources - Higher Education Institutions (HEI) are faced with multifaceted challenges. ACHEA is the region’s response to the realities of the dynamic and constantly evolving role of tertiary education administrators. The conference will address the major themes associated with repositioning educational institutions to achieve high levels of – efficiency and effectiveness, while providing avenues for cross sectional perspectives from professionals in HEI. ACHEA invites papers which take into consideration the conference theme and address the following sub-themes:
- Creativity and Innovation in Managing Teaching and Learning – New technologies present opportunities for partnerships in leading innovation in teaching, learning and workforce preparedness for all learners and to make learning spaces work.
- The Student Experience: Removing the Barriers – How can higher education institutions meet the needs of current and future students in a highly competitive market? How can they promote social justice, diversity, inclusion and retention and collaborate for the achievement of all student populations?
- Show Me the Money: Financing Higher Education – Doing more with less presents an opportunity to partner for innovation and creativity in financing higher education. Let’s get an inside look at budgeting.
- Libraries for the Future: Succeeding in a Digital Age – Changes and challenges present opportunities for innovation in a digital environment and for creating new partnerships.
- Quality Assurance: Fulfilling the Mandate – How can higher education institutions implement creative quality enhancement approaches for systemic change in Higher Education and meet international standards for Registration, Recognition and Accreditation?
- Governance and Leadership: Confronting Challenges in Uncertain Times – Leading change and innovation with accountability, autonomy and increased responsiveness while planning for a sustainable future.
- Power Up: Engaging, Nurturing and Uplifting Employees through Change and Disruption – Creative approaches to managing health and wellness, performance, promotion and tenure.
- The Calm, After the Storm: Rebuilding and Retooling After Natural Disasters –Facilities management and disaster management and recovery in times of uncertainty.
Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of higher education professionals, and members of the ACHEA Executive.
Proposals for papers should include the following:
- Presentation Title
- Presenter’s Name(s) and Affiliation
- An abstract no longer than 300 words which includes:
- Key issues to be addressed
- Objective and scope of the presentation
- Relevance to the conference theme
- Type of research: survey, case study, historical analysis, theoretical exposition, exploratory paper
- Impact of the work and in particular, how Caribbean HEIs can benefit from the research/presentation
- Language: English
- Length: At least 5 pages (excluding works cited/references)
- Spacing: 1.5 lines
- Font: Times New Roman, 12 point
- Margins: 2 inches
- Word Citation Style: APA
Deadline for Submission of Abstract and Final Papers:
Submission of Abstracts: February 02, 2018
Notification of Acceptance of Abstract: March 02, 2018
Full papers completed and submitted: June 01, 2018
Please Submit Abstracts and Papers to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information, please contact: email@example.com