14th Annual Association of Higher Education of Administrators’ Conference
The Teaching and Learning Complex,
UWI St. Augustine Campus, Trinidad and Tobago
July 09 -11, 2015
The Association of Caribbean Higher Education Administrators (ACHEA) will be hosting its 14th Annual ACHEA conference from July 9-11, 2015.
Re-visioning, Re-assessing and Re-committing for Success in Higher Education
Today’s educational institutions are operating in times of great uncertainty as a result of rapid technological and social changes, dwindling economic resources, and a globalized tertiary level educational environment. The high level of uncertainty has implications for tertiary institutions. No longer can they adopt a rigid approach to achieving organisational success and growth. This conference will address the major themes associated with repositioning educational institutions in order to achieve high levels of efficiency, effectiveness and effort. The conference provides avenues for cross sectional perspectives from professionals and administrators in Higher Education Institutions (HEI)
ACHEA invites papers which take into consideration the conference theme or address the sub-themes:
- The Role and Mission of the HEIs in the 21st Century
- The Ideal Administrator in Higher Education
- Internationalization in Higher Education
- Governance in Higher Education
- Exploring the New Frontiers in Teaching and Learning Modalities
- Curriculum Development (CARICOM Mandate)
- Enrolment Management: Efficiency, Customer Service, and Marketing
- Human Resource Management: Recruitment, Development, and Retention
- Fostering Partnerships for Financing Higher Education
- The Role of Succession Planning in Higher Education
- Partnering with Stakeholders for Success in Higher Education
- Sustainable Development in Higher Education
- Facilities Management and Space Planning
Attendees are invited to attend Technology-Driven Software Engineering Curriculum Development Workshop.
The following sessions will also be a part of the ACHEA Conference 2015:
A Librarian’s Forum – entitled: Libraries and Higher Education: Future Considerations
on Friday – July 10, 2015
Technology-Driven Software Engineering Curriculum Development Workshop
By: Professor Emanuel S. Grant - University of Dakota, USA
on Friday – July 10, 2015 (pre-registration is required)
The Work Integrated Education (WIE) Forum - geared towards key stakeholders in higher education which includes: faculty, students and administrators.
on Saturday – July 11, 2015 (pre-registration is required) view forum brochure
Please also note that - His Excellency, Anthony Thomas Aquinas Carmona, ORTT, SC - President of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, will be hosting a - Cocktail Reception at NAPA from6:00p.m. on Thursday – July 09, 2015. All potential conference delegates are encouraged to register early for the conference, which also facilitates attendance at this reception.
The official hotel of the ACHEA 2015 Conference is The University Inn & Conference Centre Hotellocated a mere 100 meters from the conference centre, at 30 St. Augustine Circular Road, St. Augustine.
Other conference hotels from which transportation will be provided (airport drop off and pick up, and daily conference and social events)
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
- Regent Star Hotel
- Shalom House Bed and Breakfast
- Norma's Bed & Breakfast
- Canada Hall
Details on the above hotels including Special Conference Rates can be viewed here. Amenities for the above hotels include Free WiFi, Pool, Gym etc can be compared here.
Other accommodation options are also availabe and can be seen here.
Follow us on Facebook.