Reforming Higher Education: Implications for Caribbean Administrators
Sunset Jamaica Grande
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
July 8th – 10th, 2010
The Association of Caribbean Higher Education Administrators (ACHEA) will be hosting its 9th Annual ACHEA conference from July 8-10, 2010.
ACHEA is a non-profit professional body established in response to perceived needs to strengthen management capability and to build institutional capacity within the universities, colleges and tertiary institutions in the Caribbean region. The Association has its registered office of the University of the West Indies, Mona, Kingston 7, Jamaica.
The objectives of the Association are:
- To promote the highest professional and ethical standards
- Continuous development of management capacity among administrators and management individuals in higher education institution in the Caribbean
- To unite, discuss, build and share our cache of knowledge in order to bridge any gaps that exist in our regional higher education institutions and that of our international counterparts.
The theme of this year’s conference is ‘Reforming Higher Education: Implications for Caribbean Administrators’. The following sub-themes will be explored:
- The Role of Government in Higher Education
- The Role of Private Sector in Higher Education
- The Role of Accreditation in a Changed Higher Education Context
- Bridging the Techno-Cultural Gap between Administrators and Students: The Challenge for Administrators
- Reforming Higher Education Financing.
We invite you to share with us in what promises to be a very enlightening and informative conference.
The registration fee for the conference is as outlined below and this covers attendance at all sessions, material received at the sessions and attendance at social events.
No later than June 4, 2010
No later than June 28, 2010
The cost for accommodations and meals is as follows:
- Single occupancy US$150.00 per room per night.
- Double occupancy US$230.00 per room per night (i.e. US$115.00 per person per night)
- Triple occupancy US$310.00 per room per night (i.e. US$105.00 per person per night)
- Pass US$60.00 per day.
The deadline for payment of registration and hotel fees is as indicated above: June 4, 2010 – early registration and June 28, 2010 – late registration. To register, you are required to complete the attached registration form and submit with the requisite registration fee and full payment for accommodation, payable to the Association of Caribbean Higher Education Administrators.
Should you require any additional information please call Dana Oldfield-Williams at 1 876-505-1241/1 876-909-0752 or Michelle Holness at 1 876-9271680-8 Extn. 2058.
Attached is information re CALL FOR PAPERS to which you are also invited to participate in.
We look forward to your participation at this conference.
Kofi Nkrumah-Young (Dr.)
Chair, ACHEA 2010 Conference
VP-Planning & Operations, UTECH